latest mtd changes broke collie

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Nov 14 07:08:07 EST 2005

Hi!

> >[Plus I get a warning from jffs2 that flashsize is not aligned to
> >erasesize. Then I get lot of messages that empty flash at XXX ends at
> >XXX.]
>
> The datasheet ref'ed earlier says the chips have a 64KB erase block
> size, and the sharp driver multiplies that value by an interleave of 4
> chips to set the erase size.  What erase size is set under the new

I'm currently using:

        {
                .mfr_id         = 0x00b0,
                .dev_id         = 0x00b0,
                .name           = "Collie hack",
                .uaddr          = {
                        [0] = MTD_UADDR_UNNECESSARY,    /* x8 */
                },
                .DevSize        = SIZE_4MiB,
                .CmdSet         = P_ID_INTEL_STD,
                .NumEraseRegions= 1,
                .regions        = {
                        ERASEINFO(0x10000,64),
                }
        },

...so I should use ERASEINFO(0x40000,16)?

> setup?  cat /proc/mtd or set loglevel for KERN_DEBUG at chip probe time.
>  The new code is setting it based on what was read from the CFI query
> info reported by the chip times the interleave factor (which apparently
> should be set as 4 after detecting 4 chips if CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I4=y).

I do not have collie with me right now.
								Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!