Some thoughts about JFFS3 design doc

zhao, forrest forrest.zhao at intel.com
Mon Nov 14 04:51:15 EST 2005

Hi, Artem

I read through your JFFS3 design doc and had some thoughts

1 in Section 4.1->4, there's a typo:
direntries contain {xattr name =>xattr ID}......

2 in section 3.6, I think it's better if you could
give a description or an example of how to replay
the journal to build the journal tree in RAM and
recover the inconsistent meta data on flash.

3 In section 4, I think it's better if you could
give a description or an example of what happens
for an update operation. Such as what happens when
a write operation update offset from 100 to 200 for
a file of length 400 bytes. I guess maybe you are
working on this now :)

4 I think your design doc is well-organized and give
reader a very clear picture and illustration of the
JFFS3 design.

Thanks,
Forrest