latest mtd changes broke collie

Pavel Machek pavel at suse.cz
Thu Nov 10 17:06:39 EST 2005

Hi!

> > > I already have working sharp.c driver... And I do not even know
> > > manufacturer of the chip, just its ids.
> >
> > The chip number is LF28F640BX which is a 64MBit device so perhaps Intel
> > StrataFlash 28F640? That seems to be a fairly common chip...
>
> Some further research suggests it should perhaps be LH28F640BX which is
> a 48 pin Sharp flash chip (much more likely). The nearest datasheet I
> can find is:
>
> http://www.datasheetarchive.com/semiconductors/download.php?Datasheet=1120647

That's strange; first the datasheet is pretty much useless; it does
not even give you product ID ("refer to documentation"). Then it
claims this device supports CFI. I guess it is easier to get the
values from sharp.c than from this datasheet :-(.

[It seems like the chip has many "options", and it is up to user how
it uses the chip.]
							Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!