latest mtd changes broke collie

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 10 06:11:30 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 11:59 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Well, how do I found out? I tried switching to CFI, and it will not
> boot (unable to mount root...). No mtd-related messages as far as I
> can see. There's quite a lot of mtd-related config options, I set them
> like this:

If the old sharp driver had even a _chance_ of working, then you
presumably have four 8-bit flash chips laid out on a 32-bit bus, and
those chips are compatible with the Intel command set.

You can CONFIG_MTD_JEDECPROBE, and you want CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH=4,
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I4, CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT.

Check that your chips are listed in the table in jedec_probe.c and turn
on all the debugging in jedec_probe.c

--
dwmw2