"Skipping dirent" message

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 8 09:38:27 EST 2005

Edgar Grimberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have eCos and JFFS, and I get the following message from JFFS debug
> output:
>
> <7>Skipping dirent: "2007-01-08 08-27", ino #10, type 8, because curofs
> 2 < offset 3
Don't enable debug output if you don't want to see this message :-)

> I am not sure what it means, but the fact is that I have the "2007-01-08
> 08-27" directory and I want to opendir and readdir it.
The message just says that the the direntry was skipped because
jffs2_readdir() was called with f_pos = 3, probably someone explicitly
wanted to read directory from offset = 3 (for example by means of
calling seek(fd, 3 SEEK_SET) to the parent directory). Try to sett the
position to zero.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,