MTD git repository status

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Nov 7 13:15:03 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I've updated the mtd git repository hopefully in time for 2.6.15.

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/tglx/mtd-2.6.git;a=summary

	tglx

Following changes are not included into the update:

- [JFFS2]  Erase Block Header(EBH)
	Needs proper testing and stabilizing first

- [MTD] NAND: OOB changes
	Needs more thoughts. I'm particularly unhappy with the introduction of new
functions and the still pending problem of the automatic placement/retrieval
of oob data. The change should subsume and/or extend the oob_info
functionality rather than introducing a parallel solution.

- [MTD] NAND: nandsim
	There is still the big Kconfig clutter. For testing environments it _is_
sufficient to provide all this information as module parameters. No need to
bloat the config file

- [MTD] ONENAND: Simulator
	Is depending on arch/??? probably ARM and uses some obscure __iomem*
constructs.

Can the authors please shed some light on the status of following drivers:

- [MTD] maps mphysram.c
	It needs a bunch of coding style cleanups.

- [MTD] devices ramtd.c
	Needs probably a go on the fixed size allocation already marked with
	/* FIXME */

- [MTD] ssfdc.c
	AFAIK the driver is mostly functional. What's missing ?
	It needs a bunch of coding style cleanups.