nand write problem

Blair Barnett bbarnett at circumnavnetworks.com
Mon May 30 14:49:56 EDT 2005

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for giving us explicit details...

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 03:34, Jonas wrote:
> Hi blair,
> > I believe you need to use the -p (pad) option to nandwrite.
> > Please let us see your nandwrite command line.
> This is what I tried:
>
> # ./nandwrite --jffs2 /dev/mtd/2 jffs2.img
> Use -f option to enforce legacy placement on autoplacement enabled mtd
> device
What version of nandwrite (nandwrite -V) do you have? Version 1.30
supports -f.

> # ./nandwrite -f /dev/mtd/2 jffs2.img
> ./nandwrite: illegal option -- f
>
> # ./nandwrite -f --jffs2 /dev/mtd/2 jffs2.img
> ./nandwrite: illegal option -- f
>
> # ./nandwrite -p /dev/mtd/2 jffs2.img
> this takes a long time until it is finished.
If your JFFS2 image has any size to it, I would expect it to take some
time.

> then I mount it with
> # mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock/2 /mnt/
> and get a lot of
> CLEANMARKER node found at 0x00000000 has totlen 0xc != normal 0x0
>
> Copy the image with nandwrite is the correct and only way? Or is there
> another possibility?
I've seen the CLEANMARKER errors before. How did you create the JFFS2
partition?

Check out this thread for a little more detail:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2005-March/012045.html

Good luck!

-blair