JFFS2 cycling write

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 11:40:56 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have not found an answer to the following question
about JFFS2:
The write on the flash are clycled, so to write everywhere
on the flash to use it at the better, but, if my flash
is 70% full with data I never touch, and on the other 30%
I  continuously write, the driver write onfluy on the
30% free space, or does it uses even the 70% moving around
data?

In the first case I would end to acocmplish all the allowed write
on a 30% of my flash, having the other 70% almost new!

bye
giammy