Buffer circolari

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 04:50:13 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm testing a MTD device (I'm using Am29LV640MU AMD flash)
to store information in a circular buffer structure.

My problems are the following:

1 - I tested the writing time with the following command:
    # time  dd if=rnd100k of=/dev/mtd3
    real    0m 5.61s
    user    0m 0.01s
    sys     0m 3.46s

   I get 3.46s: that is a least 5 time slower of expected:
   if I write directly to MTD device, which overhead are
   present: is it possible to lower that write time?

2 - I need to implement a circular buffer writing:
    any experience about the better structure to use?
    I have installed a JFFS2 on that mtd, but is a good
    idea to use files to implement circular buffer structure?
    Or is there some better choice?

Thanks
giammy