mounting a mtd or a mtblock??

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Mon May 16 09:08:56 EDT 2005

As the first step you may install the last MTD tree from CVS and try it.
Can't help with wrong erasesize issue - I think this should be fixed
somewhere in the Flash driver level. What does your 'cat /proc/mtd' say?

> Why erasing mtd[n] with flash_eraseall command and mounting mtdblock[n] with
> mount comand?
> Why not erasing mtdblock[n] and mount mtdblock[n] as mount command uses only
> BLOCK devices? Is this not completely *TRUE*??
Read about mtd device files in this FAQ:
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/nand.html

> Anyway if I try to launch those commands, here is what system gives to me:
>
> [ a very long log...]
> Empty flash at 0x003de780 ends at 0x003de784
> Empty flash at 0x003dfd3c ends at 0x003dfd40
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Node at 0x003e0000 {0x1985, 0x4e76, 0x7ecf000c) has
> invalid CRC 0x59a7b0b1 (calculated 0xa3ed5d51)
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x003e0004: 0x000c
> instead
> Any Help?? Any Clue?
Your flash neither contains any right data nor contains all FF. This
confuses JFFS2. For some reasons flash_eraseall didn't erase your flash
correctly. I think you should dig your Flash diver.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,