JFFS2 error while Copying

Niraj Maheshwari niraj.maheshwari at gmail.com
Mon May 16 06:53:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am using Linux Kernel 2.6.10 and applied the latest MTD patch from
website. We are using Intel Strata L18 flash.

After booting the kernel, we mount the JFFS2 partition by using below command.

mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /disc

Then we try to copy a directory frm Ramdisk by using following command.

cp -a bin/ disc/

Then it gives below error/warning just once and then copies the data.

Node totlen on flash (0x00800080) != totlen from node ref (0x0000000c).

This problem doesn't come on Intel W18 flash.

Is this really a problem ? If yes, then how can we overcome this ?

Let me know if you need further information in this regard.

Thanks
Niraj