SUMMARY patch for JFFS2

Niraj Maheshwari niraj.maheshwari at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:52:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am using Intel NOR flash having a 5.5 MB parition specific for
JFFS2. I have enabled the JFFS2 SUMMARY option after applying the
patch from the below
website on latest MTD for JFFS2 only.

http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/mount.php

Flash is completely erased and i am trying to mount this by using

mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 tmp/

It gets mounted..and then i completely full this partition ( 5.5 MB)
with data... then i  remove few of the files from this partition..then
i do a sync.

In the next reboot, i get to see lot of error while mounting this parition.

jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00270020:
0x00b0 instead
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00270024:
0x00b0 instead
Further such events for this erase block will not be printed

Am i doing some mistake as i guess SUMMARY patch must have been
completely tested for NOR flash as mentioned in the site.

I am having the same problem when i try to use SUMMARY in JFFS3.

If you could help me out to resolve this problem then it would be great.

Thanks
Niraj