two questions about jffs2

Michael xemc at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 15:07:17 EDT 2005

--- Vahid Fereydunkolahi <fereydunk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The comment "JFFS2 handles bad blocks just fine." is
> an strange comment. As far as I know the handling of
> the bad blocks must be managed by the file system and
> mtd device will only check for bad blocks for erase operation.

I think you just embarrased yourself.  JFFS2 is Journalling Flash
File System 2, which works overtop of MTD, the Memory Technology
Devices [driver layer].

And I think it handles them just fine, too.  Did you look at
linux-mtd.infradead.org?  There's lots of good info there, and it's
a lot easier than searching the mailing list. (which is useful as
well)

Mike