Speed of JFFS2 on compact flash

Ryan B. Lynch rlynch at bway.net
Tue May 3 19:49:34 EDT 2005

I'm testing a JFFS2 filesystem on a compact flash card.  The filesystem
is almost 1GB in size, nearly the entire flash card.

'mount' works normally, but it takes a while to finish mounting the
device.  Some write operations, especially right after mounting, also
take a long time.

Is this behavior normal?  I've read in the archives that larger JFFS2
filesystems can be slow.  Has anyone else played around with a JFFS2
filesystem this big, and if so, could you give me your impressions of
using it?

-Ryan