lock bit and erase errors

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Mar 17 05:34:18 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 March 2005 13:29:24 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 13:20 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 13:08 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Caveat:  I am using some pretty old code in this case, but the current
> > > code is also questionable so bear with me.
>
> FYI, I just ran this with a 2.6 kernel + fairly recent MTD code and I
> see the same problems.
>
> No more updates from me until I hear back, I promise :).

I've had a quick look and would agree with you right now.  This
appears to be a bug.

Generally speaking, there appears to be a lack of automated tests for
the cfi code.  Getting it to work right for all combinations of bus
widths, etc. is a challenge.  But automated tests would require one
device of each kind and I have no idea how to get all those.

Maybe you should just fix your special case and hope not to break
someone else.

Jörn

--
A surrounded army must be given a way out.
-- Sun Tzu