Can't load DOC driver

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Mar 14 12:18:42 EST 2005

Hi Wolter,

please do not top post and snip the irrelevant bits.
http://www.infradead.org/~dwmw2/email.html

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 17:07 +0100, Wolter Kamphuis wrote:
> Now, for some reason the nand-chip id isn't found correctly, it should
> be 0x75 (Toshiba:NAND 32MiB 3,3V 8-bit) but the driver find's 0xa5
> (Toshiba:NAND 2GiB 1,8V 8-bit). If I hardcode the chip id to 0x75 and

Hardcoding seems not to be a bright idea to me. If something is read
wrong then there is usually a reason.

> load the ftl module I'm able to read from /dev/mtdblock/0, however it's
> difficult to see if the information is correct.
>
> I can't use the diskonchip module since that one doesn't support the
> 32/64Mb DOC M+. I need to inftl module to be able to install a root
> filesystem right?

Not inevitably.

> Will it be difficult to port the 32/64Mb DOC M+ to the new diskonchip
> driver? I'm certainly not an expert...

I have no hardware to attack it myself, but lately somebody showed
interest to make it work. I have no clue how far it has evolved.

tglx