Cirrus Logic EDB9302 JFFS2 problem

John Reynolds jjreynolds2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 14:52:51 EST 2005

Hi all,
 I have a  Cirrus Logic EDB9302 pcb running Linux version
2.4.21-rmk1-crus1.4.3,
and have a problem with a flash partition I created.
I followed the instructions in the Cirrus app note and setup
the kernel mtd stuff.  I've used various versions of
mkfs.jffs2, up to 1.42

     mkfs.jffs2 -r partition_dir -o output_file -e 0x20000 -p,

using a 128K erase block to match the MT28F128 chip.

I download the flash file into the pcb and write it  using
Reboot

  lo -r -v -b 0x1000000 jffs2.out
  fi cr  -r  -l  0x400000

creating a 4M partition.

I can mount /dev/mtdblock6 and read it ok. The files cmp
ok with the originals located in /etc. One thing I notice is
df indicated more usage that if should be, less then 50K
worth of files in a 4M partition showing  32% used !
When I starting witting or erasing files in the partition
on the following remount I get various errors and corrupt
files.

jffs2_scan_inode_node(): Data CRC failed on node at 0x000abc44: Read
0x189aa386, calculated 0xefa9b9b2
jffs2_scan_inode_node(): CRC failed on node at 0x000afd54: Read
0x09afa921, calculated 0xf472bf46
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x000afd58:
0x1044 instead
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x000afd5c:
0x586d instead
 .
 .
 .

 Am I missing something ? Anyone have this problem or is it just me :)

 Thanks for any feedback,
 John Reynolds