jffs2 with sync burst mode

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Thu Mar 10 18:18:51 EST 2005

Am 2005-03-10 18:01 +0100 schrieb Joakim Tjernlund:

> I think there is old data/garbage in the CPU:s cache thats causing your problem.
> Do you invalidate the data cache before you burst copy data from flash?

I drunk a couple of beer after several hours of hacking onto this and I
think in the same direction as you at the moument.
If you followed the thread in the mailing list you see my debugging
printk effords, which show that memcpy() reads the wrong line after page
boundary to the next line.
I thought first that page wrap mode of sync burst mode is freaking out,
but source and destiantion of memcpy() is in RAM.

So DataCache is the problem to check up. I don't know yet if _I_
invalidate cache before bursting. I should... or jffs2 or mtd-tools...

May I copy this mail into the ml, since you addressed me without it?

> Whats your CPU?

Motorla ARM9 core implemented on their i.MX architecture.

Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF