jffs2 with sync burst mode

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Thu Mar 10 10:54:55 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> The image is dumped from another embedded system running fine
> with this image, it was halted and then dumped with the bootloader onto
> PC. Its no difference if this image is then flashed or dd'ed

OK, why does this mean JFFS2 is guilty of this? Why don't you suspect your
drivers? Why don't you suspect that you flashed your (say, correct) image
incorrectly?

> Well if I figure out how to do this and what to do to test I will try.
Just configure your kernel properly: switch on the "Test driver using RAM"
(MTD_MTDRAM) option in your kernel configuration. Type "modprobe mtdram"
if you have configured it as the kernel module.

If you do this your JFFS2 will work over emulated 4MiB in-RAM flash and
this will help you to exclude driver problems.

HTH, Artem.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,