Bugreport: mkfs.jffs2

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Thu Mar 10 08:23:17 EST 2005

> I'm having some trouble mounting a JFFS2 root partition as rw at
> boot/init time, and would appreciate any insight that you guys can
> provide.

General suggestions:

*	Make sure you use the latest mkfs.jffs2;
*	Try to exclude summary patch and to see what happens;
*	Enable JFFS2 debugging messages and provide the output in the next
report;
*	Make sure you put your JFFS2 image on the flash correctly. To do
this you might erase your flash (flash_eraseall -j), mount it and copy
your files there by means of "cp -r -a";

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,