Bugreport: mkfs.jffs2

Wolfram Gettert Wolfram.Gettert at mixed-mode.de
Wed Mar 9 09:57:03 EST 2005

Hi,
I want to report two bugs on mkfs.jffs2 Revision 1.44

1.
I tried to create a file sytem image with this commandline.

mkfs.jffs2 -l -e 0x20000 -D devtable.txt -d rootfs -o test.img

The file devtable.txt contains a line

----8<-----
/dev/input   d  755     0       0       -       -       -       -       -
----8<-----

and the rootfs directory contains a directory

rootfs/dev/input

Of course it is my fault that I put the /dev/input directory in the device table
and in the rootfs. But never the less the result is a jffs2 image which is not
usable. Mounting it on the host with mtdram mtdblock .... freezes the PC and on
the target I cannot mount it too.

So there should be an error message or something like "Omitting directory xyz
from devtable already present"

2.
It is not possible to create a directory with devtable in "/"
Devtable contains this line

/opt   d  755     0       0       -       -       -       -       -

I get this message:

mkfs.jffs2: skipping device_table entry '/opt': no parent directory!

Please put me on CC, I am not subscribed to list.

Wolfram

--
Dipl.-Ing.
Wolfram Gettert

Software Engineer Embedded Systems

Mixed Mode GmbH
Lochhamer Schlag 17                   D-82166 Gräfelfing/München
Tel. +49-89-89868.0                   Fax +49-89-89868.222
mailto:Wolfram.Gettert at mixed-mode.de  http://www.mixed-mode.de

Mixed Mode - Your Partner for Systems Engineering!