compile error (undefined reference to jffs2_getlink) for kernel 2.4.26

Kevin Liao kevinliao at wellsyn.com
Thu Mar 3 06:59:46 EST 2005

> Kevin,
>
> I'm sorry, that was my patch which broke 2.4. I've completely forgotten
> about 2.4-compatibility. I'll see what I might do to repair this.
> Apologies.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Artem B. Bityuckiy,
> St.-Petersburg, Russia.

You do not need to be sorry at all. I really don't want you guys to
maintain the backward compatibility for 2.4.x. I just want to find
the reason why this snapshop breaks 2.4.x and try to fix it by
myself. I need to say thank to tglx. Because his help, I now have
a working 2.4.x kernel with snapshop 20050228:) And I totally
agree his suggestion for removing the 2.4.x code from current CVS.

Regards,
Kevin