[RFD] Move 2.4 code out from CVS head

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Thu Mar 3 04:14:42 EST 2005

We announced some time ago:

"The MTD support for 2.4 will be moved to a maintainence only mode in
the near future. This will relieve us from a lot of compatibility crap
and lets us concentrate on the further development in the 2.6 series."

The latests symlink changes broke 2.4 and I dont see any reason to keep
this stupid game up.

The last CVS version which might work on 2.4 is before
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:00:00 +0000  (11:00 CET)

I strongly vote to branch of a mtd-2.4-latest-devel in CVS from said
point and then remove the whole 2.4 crap from CVS head.

If somebody feels responsible to keep this branch up to date, I neither
care nor object.

I'm really tired of this backwards compability stuff and the complaints
on the maillist.

tglx