IQ80321 Flash writing problem

prasadam kumar prasadamkumar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 00:55:35 EST 2005

Hello,

We are working on a task which has to write to a
IQ80321 flash  which is configured as a
MTD CHAR device which uses CFI cmdset 0001 in the
kernel version 2.4.19-rmk7-ds2.

The problem we've encountered is while writing to the
flash, data is getting corrupted in
some memory locations which are at random.

        Here's the flow symbols which are invoked at
the time of write....

                     cfi_intelext_write_buffers ( )

                           do_write_buffers(... )

                              map->write8( )

                               iq80321_write8 ( )
We are cross checking the data that is been sent
before invoking map->write8(). Over here the
checking was successful (i.e there is no corruption in
the data ). But after map->write8() is
invoked, data at some memory locations is getting
altered.

How to fix this problem...

                Please  suggest a solution..
		   Please Reply at the earliest.