DOCBoot doesn't compile

Dan Brown dan.brown at nrl.navy.mil
Wed Jun 29 14:47:32 EDT 2005

Brian O'Dell wrote:
> After reading through the doc_bootstub.S a bit, it looks like my system
> isn't even getting to the interrupt handler.  I've installed to 18h and
> 19h.  Both with the same result:  The system locks hard right after it
> exits from the SPL.  Could docboot be clobbering something important
> when it loads the interrupt handler?  I'm assuming that it isn't getting
> to the interrupt handler because I don't get the "Kernel Loading..."
> message.  Is my theory plausible or likely?

It's been a while since I've actually run DOCBoot (I've been working on
other stuff), so I just built and installed it on my device from the
latest CVS as a sanity check.  I get the same hard lockup as you do.

I'll let you know when I've found the problem.  Needless to say, I'm a
bit embarassed to have checked in code this broken and let it sit that
way in the repository for several months :(

	-Dan