xip changes between 2.6.11 and 20050530?

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Fri Jul 29 02:50:12 EDT 2005

Am 2005-07-28 11:15 -0700 schrieb Todd Poynor:

> >Hm.. funny. Beside the trouble with my toolchains the working one
> >creates definately only a bootable xipuImage if CONFIG_FPE_NWFPE is
> >enabled.  I wonder myself, why...
>
> Dunno about that option, but check the assembly code generated for the
> xip_* routines to see if any functions are called that are not marked
> __xipram?  If so, linux may be attempting to execute from flash memory

Ok, I can check that.
To be sure:
Any xip_* function only calls functions marked __xipram (which are
located in RAM then hopefully also) and only __xipram marked functions
call functions located still in flash?

> while the flash is not in the proper (read array or whatever) state.

Something like that seems to habben, indeed...

Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF