Problem with AT91RM9200 and intel cfi flash

Todd Poynor tpoynor at mvista.com
Thu Jul 28 12:31:32 EDT 2005

Mirco Fuchs wrote:

> #> umount /mnt/jffs2
>
> The instruction aborts with the following error:
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
> Backtrace:
> [<c01b22c0>] (__down_write+0x0/0xd4) from [<c00d8140>] (jffs2_flush_wbuf_pad+0x1c/0x3c)

Looks like there were multiple fixes for similar problems, in addition
to the patch I pointed you at on linux-arm-kernel.  Patch in the latest
linux-mtd code from CVS and see if it's fixed?  Or if you don't need
NAND flash support (you mention Intel CFI flash) then
CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND=n might get rid of it.

--
Todd