JFFS2 garbage collector blocking for minutes after mount

Ferenc Havasi havasi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jul 26 09:04:16 EDT 2005

>The garbage collection thread is also responsible for building up the
>node tree for every inode after mounting, so that we know for sure which
>nodes are valid and which are obsolete. On NAND flash we can't actually
>mark nodes as obsolete.

Martin, you may should try our Centralizes Summary (CS) patch. It stores
every relevant memory representation at umount time, so at mount (if the
previous unmount was a clean one) you need only to read it without any
scanning and rebuilding.

It is downloadable from our web site
(http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/mount.php). I recommend the variant
which stores reference information on the first erase block.

Bye,
Ferenc