JFFS2: Releases? Versions?

Bernhard Priewasser bernhard.priewasser at in2soft.de
Thu Jul 21 03:09:22 EDT 2005

Hi all,

i have just a simple question about JFFS2 & versioning. Too simple
perhaps... please be patient with me...

I'm confused about the version numbers of JFFS2, "JFFS2 version 2.2.
(NAND)" (out of a dmesg / boot) for example.

If source code + CVS available: How can i determine the release version?
If source code available: How can i determine the release version?
How can i determine the release of JFFS2 currently running in a kernel?
Is there some changelog "overview" (not only for single files)?

I have to start evaluating (or rather analyzing...) JFFS2 on different
platforms and flash chips, and it's hard to distinguish between the
releases already running on some devices here.

Best Thanks & Regards,
Bernhard