JFFS2 garbage collector blocking for minutes after mount

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Wed Jul 20 10:34:40 EDT 2005

>>So you think this is what consumes the time?
> Quite feasibly. You spoke of a multi-megabyte file, and the performance
> on such files is definitely a lot better than it was.
I just find it strange that this problem suddenly occur out of
nowhere... I've been working with these big files many many times before
this happened.
And I've tried reproducing it on another device by copying, moving, and
deleting these 11megs of files back and forth... But no matter what I
do, I get nothing resembling this behaviour...
I guess "fragmentation" has a saying here?!

> Run it with profiling and we'll see -- tell us where it's spending
> all its time, and we'll see if we can improve that part of the code.
I'm not comfortable with profiling the kernel... It could be arranged,
but I rather see if the a recent CVS snapshot does it for me... ;-)

// Martin