Support for Intel strataflash.

jbi130 at yahoo.com jbi130 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 11:26:23 EDT 2005

I recently receive a PPC8555 evaluation board with 8 MB Intel
strataflash ROM.  I'm using 2.6.12 and am trying to get this setup as
an MTD device for use with JFFS2.

On boot all I see is:
physmap flash device: 800000 at ff800000

(the flash is at physical address 0xff800000).

I also had to enable 'Support for ROM chips in bus mapping' for this
physmap to take place.

I'm assuming that the CFI probe isn't properly detecting this chip.
Does that mean that it isn't fully supported?  I use similar options
on a similar board that uses AMD flash and it works fine.

Thanks for any input.