NAND bbt build reads wrong oob data

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Jul 15 03:22:48 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 20:19 -0700, Todd Poynor wrote:
> The value read seems to be a different byte, perhaps offset 14 instead
> of offset 5 as specified by the placement scheme.  The hack that seems
> to fix it for me, namely to read the whole OOB area instead of the
> individual byte, is below.

That's pretty strange. Which chip type are you using ?

>(I also got rid of some refs to scanlen
> which is forced to zero for the ! NAND_BBT_SCANEMPTY case,

The check_short stuff carries some needless arguments anyway. I
committed a cleanup, no functional change. I like to know more about
that before changing it.

> and
> NAND_BBT_SCAN2NDPAGE is triggering a BUG I haven't investigated yet.)

You introduced it by setting readlen = mtd->ooblock. I know that the
name of this is confusing. oobblock is the page size. So readlen is >
buffersize.

tglx