Problem booting DOCboot and Linux 2.6

Andrew Schultz alschult at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 6 15:11:06 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am currently having a problem getting DOCboot to work with a 256MB
DoC2000 TSOP and a Linux 2.6.11 kernel image.  After following all the
steps in the readme, I reboot the system and get the following:

Looking at the doc_bootstub.S code, it looks like this results from not
finding the "0xdbb1" signature in any of the pages denoting that the
page holds part of the kernel image.  I'm not exactly sure why this is
happening, as my doc_spl image that I wrote to the chip is the correct
size (about 1.2MB, or approximately the size of the bzImage + size of
doc_bootstub object file).  Other people have recently posted success
using a very similar chip, the only difference being they used a 2.4
kernel.  If anyone knows why this might be happening, or if anyone has
had success using a 2.6 kernel (although I don't think that should
matter), any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Just for completeness, here are the steps I performed to get to this point:

1) Setup the chip with dformat:
    dformat /winl:0000 /winh:d8000 /bdkl0:2M (the /winl, /winh stuff is
needed to work for some reason)

2) Reboot into linux off hard drive and put doc_spl image on chip:
    ./flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1
    ./nandwrite -o /dev/mtd1 doc_spl

3) Fdisk/format the /dev/inftla device to create the filesystem

4) Reboot and get the "CANNOT FIND IMAGE ON DEVICE" message