Unit test for cfi_cmdset_0001.c

Jared Hulbert jaredeh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:20:49 EST 2005

I plan on creating a unit test based on cutest.sourceforge.net for
cfi_cmdset_0001.c.
In order to stub out the various functions inside I will have to:

1. Manually strip out functions for each version.
2. Add #if''s
3. fork this file into 2-3 files.

I prefer option 3.  As it seems cleaner to me and more maintainable.
But I want to know which option is more "commitable."   Of course the
test be made availiable, I would hope we can get the tests commited
too.  CuTest is zlib licenced.  Is that a problem?

The reason for the unit tests is to help us find bugs in the code
paths not easily tested and to enable more rapid updates for new flash
or features mtd doesn't currently support.

Thoughts, flames, jokes?

,Jared