docboot + 2.4.x

Dmitry Skorinko skorinkod at mosk.ru
Thu Jan 27 09:31:46 EST 2005

Hello,
I know that 2.4.x is not supported by mtd team now. But I have many drivers
that is wrote on 2.4.x and don't have time to rewrite them. Changes in mtd
snapshot depended on 2.6 only is not very big and I have now 2.4 system with
full working mtd/inftla layers. I have only one big problem and I hope
anybode help me.
docboot + 2.6 = all is working
docboot + 2.4 = and I have:
INFTL: inftlcore.c .......
DiskOnchip found at 0xe0000
INFTL ..
INFTL ..
Partition check:
 inftla: inftla1
Creating 2 MTD partitions ...
VFS: Cannot open root device "inftla1" or 00:00

docboot options are:
root=/dev/inftla1 rootfstype=ext3 console=tty1,38400 disk=/dev/inftla
sectors=32 heads=16 cylinders=997

Maybe reason is that devfs is disable? Does booting from flash depend on
devfs? What booting depends on?

Thanks for all answers
Dmitry