Performance of the MTD device and JFFS2

Vahid Fereydunkolahi fereydunk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 13:17:18 EST 2005

I erased the whole flash. I copied a 500KB file to the
NAND flash. Then I copied the file from the NAND flash
to the same directory with different name. This means
read and write operation on empty flash. With the old
version it takes around 2 seconds, with the new
version it takes more than 12 seconds (I am using the
ZLIB for compression).

I wish I had the version iformation of the old MTD and
JFFS2, but I do not (It should be from 4 month ago).

--vahid