JFFS3 & performance

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 21 09:30:18 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:33, Jörn Engel wrote:
> > One more by the way, compression mode and whatever people implement in
> > xattr flags may go to that inode flags node.
>
> Extended attributes can be arbitrary, so they should go somewhere
> else.  Basically, have a pseudo-directory for each inode and treat the
> inodes inside that pseudo-directory as extended attributes.  Similar
> to reiser4.  Didn't Josh plan to work in this area?

<Delayed reaction>

What I'd like to do and what time allows are two separate things :).
And time will be in very short supply for me in a while.

I'd be happy to review anything in this area.  And if I do get some
time, I'll look into it as well.  But I wouldn't hold your breath.

You know what they say about best laid plans...

</Delayed reaction>

josh