JFFS3 & performance

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Jan 12 13:58:18 EST 2005

Anyway, guys, this is *crucial* question. Would be nice to come up with
consensus :-) I hope we do not discuss for discussion :-) Hope we want to
come up with the truth :-) ?

Could we summarize?

Does Everybody agree that CRC is needed at least to detect problems *on
time* and report about them ?

If all agree, the question about "do we need CRC for purpose other then
detect unclean reboots?" may be closed. Is it?

The open question: do we need trying recover data in case of errors?
For NOR this question is close - errors are critical there.
For NAND - is it still open? Does somebody thinks we should recover?

Saying recover I mean trying to move not corrupted data from the block
which have become bad to another, good block.

Comment anybody please.
Thanks.

--
Best Regards,