JFFS2: checking CRCs twice!?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Wed Jan 12 13:26:38 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 January 2005 15:11:09 +0000, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Steven Scholz wrote:
>
> > If a sector got broken just by reading it then the whole embedded system is
> > broken and has to be replaced ...

Amen, brother!

> This seems to be true for NOR. But  chrcking CRC helps at least *detect*
> and *report* media problems.

Well, more and more I come to the conclusion that media problems are a
non-issue.  At least, flashes are about as reliable as hard drives.

So, who can name a hd-oriented file system that does crc-checking of
it's date?

Jörn

--
Don't patch bad code, rewrite it.
-- Kernigham and Pike, according to Rusty