INFTL Endless loop in chain error

Carlos, John J USAATC john.carlos at atc.army.mil
Tue Jan 11 10:13:04 EST 2005

Hello All,

  I have been getting my DOC 128 Mbytes to work.  I was able to get it going
using Docboot and a fix to inftlcore that was provided to me.  I had been
using ext3 file system just till I got things right.  I then tried to get
jffs2 working.  I reapplied the mtd patch that I had been using I pulled Nov
of 2004 (fairly recent) and told it to update jffs2.  This cause the kernel
build to fail.  I had multiple definitions of rb_prev and rb_next.  I pulled
out the ones in rbtree.c.  I was able to get the kernel to build but now I
am getting the error INFTL endless loop in virtual chain xxxx:Unit xxxx.
What has happened and how can I fix this.  The srtucts rb_next and rb_prev
where already in the kernel.

Thanks
John