how to loopback mount a JFFS2 filesystem on my linux box?

Ferenc Havasi havasi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jan 11 08:25:54 EST 2005

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
>>You can't do that AFAIK because JFFS2 needs an MTD device.  Instead, use
>>mtdram to create a fake MTD device, dd the image to it, and do:
>>
>># mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 <mnt/point>
>
> mtdblock is hardcoded to 4BM. So if you need larger, use nand/nandsim.c.
> This is NAND flash simulation driver and it is configurable, so you may
> configure it to have larger size.

The size of this device is depends on the size of the mtdram (not
related to mtdblock, I think). It can be configured easily by kconfig:
you can specify the size of it and its erase block size.

Nandsim is also configurable but unfortunatelly not from kconfig. If I
am right you have to edit sources by hand. Firstly in the source of
nandsim you have to specify a chip ID. You have to look up this ID from
  nand_ids.c (if you found an appropriate NAND chip) or you have to
define an own one.

Bye,
Ferenc