JFFS2 mount time

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Wed Jan 5 06:45:26 EST 2005

> Thanks a million. I'll try that. I guess I can just use your Patch on a
> vanilla linux-2.6.10!?
>
> BTW: On the link mentioned above I read "Speed up the mount time of
> JFFS2 - specially when it uses NAND flash. " How about NOR flash?

My understanding of the problem is that summary may help in case of NOR,
but in
general it shouldn't increase the mount speed a lot (am I wrong?). If we
change
the patch a bit (asking not to check any CRC in the block has summary)
we may
have better mount speed (and iget()). And possibly in case of nor we
even doesn't
need to store any data in summary - only header. Header will show us
that the block
was successfully written (no unclean reboots) and we my trust it and do
not check CRC.

Moreover, looking through the patch I suspect it wasn't tested with NOR,
is it?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,