DOCBoot update

Dan Brown dan_brown at ieee.org
Tue Jan 4 08:42:27 EST 2005

Balint Cristian wrote:

>Just a undocumented Question:
>
> Can please tell me if run on ARM/xscale not on intel only ?
>If not, it is difficult to adapt ?, or you already have some plans for this.

DOCBoot only runs on intel hardware.  In fact it only runs on intel
hardware with a somewhat standard PC configuration, namely a standard
BIOS which supplies certain functionality.  Also, the Linux bootloading
process is very specific to i386.  I would guess that a variant of
DOCBoot for ARM/xscale would probably be a complete rewrite.  Sorry :(

    -Dan