xattr support for JFFS3

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Thu Feb 24 10:42:02 EST 2005

El mié, 23-02-2005 a las 17:15 -0800, Keshavamurthy Anil S escribió:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 06:58:19PM -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 15:31 -0800, Keshavamurthy, Anil S wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > 	I am new to this mailing list but would like to contribute to
> > > xattr for flash file system. While looking at the archive seems like
> > > jffs2 is just a bug fix only and any new feature development should go
> > > to jffs3. So here is my question.
> >
> > xattr support seems to be a popular topic these days.  You might want to
> > take a look at this thread on the lkml:
> >
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/2/22/85
> >
> > Lorenzo already has something started.  Perhaps the two of you could
> > work together.
> Sure, I will take a look at his patch and will work with him to
> get this feature into JFFS3.

Fine, it could be great if, apart of working together which would be a
pleasure for me, creating a work team for this.

I've read the tech. specs. of JFFS2 as David recommended to me, so, we
should separate two possible solutions:

	- use a new node type(s)     <- what David likes (& wants AFAIK)
	- use reiserfs style-storage <- what I have done partially

We need also a little road-map and to-do list to know what exactly needs
to be done in each code "section" to achieve our goal.

Just let me know when do you want to start, I would like to talk with
you at #mtd in irc.freenode.org if it's possible.

Thanks in advance and for your interest,
Cheers.
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo at gnu.org>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]