Where to put hardware related informations?

Marcus Mikolaiczyk m.mikolaiczyk at rac.de
Tue Feb 22 11:44:36 EST 2005

Hi,

we got an embedded device using the microcontroller tc1130(infineon), NOR
and NAND Flash. The Nor flash is working fine with mtd driver an jffs2. The
next thing is to implement the NAND support for the Hardware in the sources.
I'm new to this and need assistance where to add hardware related
information like memory adresses...
We use a Samsung 2Gbit NAND (8bit)K9E2G08U0M-YIB0 . The hardware is
connected in the folowing way:

TC1130	CPLD		NAND
------	-----		-----
CS2----------/CE--------/CE
A0-----------CLE--------CLE
A1-----------ALE--------ALE
/WR----------/WE--------/WE
/RD----------/RD--------/RD

P0.4(GPIO)--------------RB
TD[0:7]-----------------D[0:7]

Where do I need to add/change things like the RB for NAND support. P0.4
means something like Port 0 Pin 4 with the address range 0xF000 0C00 -
0xF000 0CFF. P0_In Register at 0xF000 0C14 Pin 4 is Bit 4. If the NAND is
working RB ist high? So the P0.4 is high which means 0xF000 0C14 is
something like 0000 0000 0000 1000 (Bit 4 is high).
Again for A0/A1...

As I mentioned the Nor flash is working fine, so I hope changes to do don't
influence the Nor flash.

Marcus Mikolaiczyk

RA Consulting GmbH
Zeiloch 6a