DoC-2000: NAND_CMD_READID hangs on stock 2.6.10 kernel

John Kelly johnfkelly at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 15:20:40 EST 2005

I'm working on getting a Technologics TS-5400 board runnig Linux-2.6 to see a 32MB DoC.

When inserting the diskonchip.ko driver from a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel, I get into an infinite loop in nand_command with command=0x90 (READID).  The loop is at the bottom of the function:

        /* Apply this short delay always to ensure that we do wait tWB in
         * any case on any machine. */
        ndelay (100);
        /* wait until command is processed */
        while (!this->dev_ready(mtd));

If I use a counter to break out of the loop after 40 tries, everything works--only READID seems to need this.

Is there some other way this should be handled?