Data corrupted

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Feb 16 12:02:34 EST 2005

Hello

1. Messages like "Node header CRC failed at 001f4ec8." are normal after
unclean reboots.

But the fact that you lost data which weren't engaged is *not normal*.
Theoretically, if JFFS2 has no bugs, static data can't be lost.

I suspect JFFS2 may have bug: after block is GCed, it is erased, and wbuf
isn't sync-ed before erase. I'll see the relative places in JFFS2 and
check if it possible. If it is, it definitely must be fixed.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,