How to make my IQ80321 flash Read/Write

prasadam kumar prasadamkumar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 07:38:40 EST 2005

Hai to all,

I am working on intel IQ80321 flash, it is configured
as a ROM flash(map_rom.c) it supports only Read
functionality  here i am using as a char device
(/dev/mtd ) if i want to get Read/Write functionality
i am planning to move cfi_probe, so how should i
configure the cfi, if i am trying to do this it is
giving a kernel pannic like

  Cannot open root device "mtdblock2" on 1f:02

plz  suggest me to come out of this problem.

prashanth