Linux MTD and NFTL - Question

Sean Kelley sean.sweng at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 21:21:17 EST 2005

One other idea is to do a loopback-type of mechanism by placing an
image file that contains a FAT volume as a file in JFFS2, basically
using JFFS2 to replace the FTL.  The downside is that if the FAT is
meant to be RW, it will still have corruption  problems.  I would need
a scandisk utility on my embedded device to repair the FAT image!  It
is imazing the kind of hoops we jump through just so that Joe User can
plug the device into his windows machine.

Thanks for the links!

Sean