jffs2_get_inode_nodes(): Data CRC failed on NAND device

Frédéric Janot f.janot at ateme.fr
Mon Feb 14 12:58:27 EST 2005

Estelle,

Thanks for this very fast answer !!!

Estelle HAMMACHE wrote:

>JFFS2 on NAND flash uses a page buffer. It is flushed to the flash when
>it is full, or when you do fsync, sync or umount.

Does that mean that I have to call fsync each time after fclose a file ?
Even if I do not edit some files, I get this kind of error. Does that
mean something (jffs2 itself or other) write some data to the flash all
the time ?

>Some data may remain in the page buffer and is never written
>to the Flash.

So I really loose some data :(

>>If I umount / before rebooting, I don't have one more error message at
>>the next reboot.
>>

>This is correct procedure if you don't want to lose any data.

It is an embedded board without power supervisor. I cannot detect when
the customer power down the board :(

Frederic